Aprilaire dehumidifiers offer superior performance compared to those found in big box stores, so tell your customers to get their current units ready for pickup. Here are the top 3 reasons why you should sell and install an Aprilaire dehumidifier:
Advantages of Aprilaire Humidifiers over Foreign-Made Retail Models
Aprilaire dehumidifiers are made in the U.S.A. and offer superior performance over the foreign-made models sold in big box stores. Here are several of the ways in which our product surpasses the competition.
• Product performance – Aprilaire dehumidifiers have 8-10 times more CFM over the evaporative coil than foreign-made retail units.
• HVAC channel only – Our models are not sold in big box stores and require the expertise of an HVAC professional to install. Installers can mount our dehumidifiers into existing ductwork and use them to energize the main HVAC blower and bring in fresh outside air.
• Safety and quality – Since 2003, 6.1 million of these foreign-made models have been recalled due to risk of fire hazard.
• Energy savings – Aprilaire dehumidifiers cost about $189 less to run during the summer than a cheaper retail model. Our models also drop the relative humidity 3% below the set point to greatly reduce compressor cycling and energy use. They also have low amp per water removal ratings compared to retail units.
• Intelligent Control Options – Aprilaire’s standard and Wi-Fi thermostats offer excellent external control of our dehumidifiers. Our units also feature smart on-board digital diagnostics for easy troubleshooting.
Proper Control of Excess Humidity for Every Application
• Prevent over-cooling – Help reduce high humidity in homes where shorter air conditioner run times fail to remove enough moisture for optimal comfort.
• Easy installation – Convertible top and side air discharge locations, small cabinet and no p-trap. Digital control walks installer through initial set-up.
• Attic installs – Many consumers tighten up their attics to reduce energy loss; but are then faced with a damaging buildup of moisture. Aprilaire high-capacity dehumidifiers can remove attic moisture while maintaining energy savings.
• Basement capacity – Excess moisture in basements creates odors, promotes mold growth and foundation damage. Unlike small portable units, Aprilaire has a full line of dehumidifiers with the capacity to meet the demanding moisture removal needs of basements.
• Durability and warranty – Five-year bumper-to-bumper warranty, 15-plus year system life expectancy and e-coated coils that resist corrosion.